Hemp extract is associated with marijuana by most of the people because they’re both extracted from the cannabis plant. However, they are very different. Hemp is a type of cannabis that contains less than 0.3% THC. The Agricultural Act of 2018 has even legitimized the use of industrial hemp plants for manufacturing hemp products.
CBD oil can be extracted from CBD hemp flower or marijuana. People might be surprised to know that many plants contain cannabinoids such as THC or tetrahydrocannabinol.
But back to the question, the extract that you get from hemp bud doesn’t have the psychoactive effects contained in THC. The CBD products you buy from the market that are extracted from hemp only contain traces of THC. That’s not nearly enough to get you high.
If the active ingredient in marijuana is THC, the active ingredient in CBD products is basically CBD.
With that said, the CBD hemp flower has a different effect on your body, and it involves affecting your endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS forms one of the core systems of our body, fulfilling various functions. It plays a role in receiving or translating the signals coming from cannabinoids and sending those signals to the brain. The ECS is also responsible for regulating sleep, appetite, and pain.
In effect, you get most of the health benefits of CBD from hemp, and none of the harsher psychoactive effects.
CBD and Pain Management
CBD gets attached to the receptors of your ECS and works depending on what type of neurotransmitter or compound to influence. CBD will either inhibit or activate the compounds in the ECS. One example would be the anandamide, which is a compound associated with pain. The more the presence of the compound in your body, the better it would be able to regulate pain.
Given below are other benefits of CBD.
- Epilepsy treatment– CBD has been used for a long time to reduce the frequency of seizures in people with epilepsy. Cannabis has been utilized in ancient China, Greece, Egypt, and the Middle East for various illnesses. In the mid-1800s, there were documented cases of treatment for epilepsy using cannabis. Modern clinical trials confirm the positive results of CBD.
- Insomnia treatment– CBD is a known soporific, which helps you to be calm. When you have high doses of it, you feel sleepy. You can take CBD, at least one hour before going to sleep.
- Anxiety treatment– Meanwhile, CBD hemp flower can also be used to manage your anxiety. Social anxiety is a real problem. There are more than 40 million adults in the US who suffer from various anxiety disorders. In fact, the CBD industry has multiple products like gummy edibles and tinctures that are specifically targeted for anxiety sufferers. While CBD doesn’t get you high, it makes you feel relaxed.
- Arthritis treatment– People with Arthritis may also benefit from CBD. A 2016 study shows how effective it is in reducing the inflammation in laboratory rats. The best thing about the results is that the rats didn’t seem to exhibit any adverse side effects.
- Multiple Sclerosis– MS is characterized by uncontrollable muscle spasms. Although research is still in its infancy, there are documented cases of patients exhibiting fewer spasticity after regulated use of CBD.
When purchasing CBD products as a health supplement, only buy from established CBD manufacturers. These producers will have a rich inventory of CBD oil, accessories, tinctures, and other products. They’ll also have vaping accessories, as well as CBD e-juice.