Whatever you do in your online marketing strategy , one thing is very clear: if you want to increase conversions, you need a landing page.
The landing page is a basic pillar essential to guide users in the conversion funnel, from casual visitors to loyal customers. It is probably the element that can most influence your conversion rate with just a few simple changes, so it is always worth spending all the time and attention that are necessary. Let’s see what exactly are the landing and what are the keys to increase conversions with them.
What is a landing page?
A landing page is a unique page of your website that seeks to convert a visitor into a lead , that is, a user who has provided their data to a company and therefore becomes a record of their database, making it possible for the company to continue interacting with him.
For example, suppose that user X has visited an article on the company’s blog and where the advantages of online marketing for small and medium enterprises are discussed. At the end of the article, there is a link that invites the user to know more.
Stung by curiosity, user X clicks on the link and is on a landing page where the ebook “Online marketing guide for small and medium enterprises” is offered. This page explains to the user how this ebook can help you achieve your business objectives and you are encouraged to fill out a form to download it for free. If you follow this step, user X will receive the ebook in his email and will have become a lead for company Y.
A fundamental characteristic of the landing page is its simplicity . In general, they include only the essential elements and are focused on a single function: to capture users who have clicked on an AdWords ad for a specific offer, to get attendees to an event, etc.
Regarding the key ingredients to get more conversions with the landing, we can distinguish the following:
- An attractive offer . Landing offers something of value to the user in exchange for their data; otherwise, they would have no incentive to leave them to the company. Without an offer, there is no landing.
- A unique URL . Landing are unique pages within the company’s website and therefore have their own URL. Ideally, it should be optimized to be easy to remember and respond to the SEO plan.
- A prominent title that sums up the offer .
- An image or video that shows the product or its benefits for the user.
- A copy (text) that focuses on detailing the offer. Ideally, it should be based on the benefits for the end user and not on the characteristics of the product.
- A form for the user to leave their data.
- A call to action button to confirm the transaction (event registration, download, etc).
10 keys to convert more with your landing page
1) Maximize the impact
Virtually all companies that do online marketing have landing pages, so highlighting with yours is not easy.
If you want to convert more with your landing page , you should pay attention to each of the individual elements separately and to their set: high quality graphics, value offer, clean and attractive design, creative texts and some touch of originality, but without falling in the baroque.
It is also necessary to take into account that the landing will be integrated into the web, so it has to respond to the design parameters of the brand.
2) Take care of titles and subtitles
Often, a quality title is the difference between a user who converts or one who leaves the page within a few seconds.
The title should get the user’s attention and convince him to keep reading. You must try to express yourself in your own language and be powerful, creative and direct. It is also advisable that it be in a large letter body so that it stands out visually.
If the title serves to present your main offer at a glance, the subtitles will serve to highlight and clarify different aspects of it, so do not hesitate to use them as necessary.
3) Use a clean and simple design
When it comes to designing a good landing page , less is more. The idea is that it is as clear as possible for the user, which leaves no room for doubt or hesitation. When entering the landing, it should be clear to you immediately what the offer is and what it can provide.
Therefore, bet on short texts, white space and a minimalist design in general. Remove all non-essential items, such as the general navigation menus on the page. And always bet on the responsive and usability.
4) Make clear the conditions of the offer
If you want to convert more, the user should know what to expect from you. The landing page is the right place to explain with clarity and simplicity the “small print” of what you offer, make the user feel that they can trust you and avoid possible disappointments in the future.
In the same way, it is necessary to make the following steps very clear: “you will receive this ebook totally free of charge in your email”, “your trial period starts today and lasts until the day included”.
5) Includes elements of credibility to give confidence
The elements of credibility are not absolutely essential for a landing page to work, but they can help to convert more. You do not have to saturate your landing with this type of elements, but I encourage you to include one or more of the following:
- Custom Logo Design Services of brands that already trust your products and services.
- Quality stamps from accredited organizations in your sector.
- Prizes and awards received.
- Testimonials and user opinions (always looking for authenticity and naturalness).
6) Do not forget the images and the video
Here the premise is very simple: include your best photo or video as the main image of the landing .
In many cases, just that will be enough. But if what you are promoting is a physical product, do not hesitate to include a more detailed gallery where you can see the use of the product, different angles, colors and models, etc. Or better yet, a video presentation where everything is explained.
7) Write clear and simple texts
Since it is one of the elements that less visually stand out, sometimes the importance of the texts in a landing page is underestimated. But this is a mistake, since this is where the products or services are really “sold”.
When writing your text , keep in mind these premises:
- Search for your text to be special or creative . You do not have to resort to elaborate metaphors, but your phrases have an impact and “calen” in the mind of the reader.
- Avoid straw at all costs . Remember that one of the main characteristics of landing is simplicity, and this also applies to texts.
- Keep in mind the relationship between the text and the image . The ideal is that both complement each other and, of course, never contradict each other.
8) Optimize your landing for SEO
As landing pages only contain short texts, sometimes they are not taken into account in the SEO strategy of the web , when in fact they are a very important element. Follow these tips to better position your landing page:
- Investigate the keywords that can bring more traffic and the niches that are missing by working.
- Optimize page load times.
- It includes the keywords in the title, the URL and other relevant places (at the beginning, in the subtitles, in the alt of the images, in bold and anchor texts …).
- Try to get quality links and visits from social networks.
9) Carefully design the forms and buttons
If you want to convert more, you have to make it very easy for users to leave their data and click on the button.
The forms must adapt to the needs of each landing: sometimes we only need that the users leave us their email, sometimes more data will be necessary to qualify the lead. In any case, look for a color, font size, and typography that stand out from the rest.
As for the call to action button, the most important thing is that it looks like a button and that it is clearly visible. You can play with alternative calls to action, such as “Yes, I want!” instead of “Buy” or “Download.”
10) Take tests and more tests
When your landing page is ready, it will be time to face the test of fire: show it to your aunt, or a friend who has nothing to do with your sector, and ask them questions. Do they clearly understand what the offer consists of and how to get it? If not, you will have to rethink your design.
But that’s not all: once you have a viable landing, my recommendation is that you do not stop doing A / B tests of different elements: call to action, buttons, colors, sizes … Little by little, you will get closer to the landing of your dreams to convert much more.