Dynamics of environment change drastically as falling leaves and temperature dipping help mercury to take a plunge to the rock bottom of thermometer!
With such dynamic changes, a need arises about seasonal maintenance of homes to keep efficient functioning of a place. Things can take a nosedive if you don’t act proactively. Especially when you live in colder climatic conditions. Nobody wants to be caught off-guard thus a little prudence will save you costly repairs in undesirable circumstances.
HVAC(Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) one of the most crucial equipment of your home. If it is out of order then you have to negotiate with the harsh winter weather!
A scheduled and timely maintenance can avoid undesirable circumstances. Technically, frequent and routine maintenance are more viable and less expensive than emergency visits. By following essential steps you can avert mid winter crisis. Professional inspection at an early stage can minimize the chance of malfunctioning during the time when you require its efficiency to its paramount level.
It’s a scientific phenomenon for water to expand as it reaches freezing point. Things can go awry if water is present inside the pipeline and it freezes which can subsequently build pressure inside pipeline and bring physical damage to the pipeline.
Take The Following Steps To Winterize Your Pipelines
- Completely drain water from faucets and fountain apparatus to keep freezing worries at bay.
- Disengage water hose from the source.
- Cover faucets with insulating foam.
- Turn off the shut-off valve.
Gas engine-powered equipment such as lawn mowers should be serviced and kept meticulously inside the storeroom during winter season. Keep fuel tank empty as gas can degrade and vaporize gradually. Moreover, ethanol can potentially damage fuel lines and other vital organs of a mower system.
Preferably store equipment in basement or isolated place in order to avoid implications of winter season.
4. Swimming Pool Winter Maintenance Guide
The fun element for summers i.e. the swimming pool is also essential to be winterized.
- Sterilize Your Swimming Pool
Clear the swimming pool from debris, dead leaves or any such nuanced garbage prior to covering it. Net skimmers can effectively reduce debris from the surface area of the swimming pool.
- Bring The Water Chemistry To Equilibrium
While winterizing, check if chemicals are balanced in the pool by using a chemical kit. It will aid in keeping sanctity of water during the winter season.
- Drain The Pool Equipment
Heater, Pump, filter equipment are mandatory to be drained efficiently. Otherwise freezing will result in equipment damage. Vacuum cleaners are a good option to drain water from inside.
These equipment are necessary to be stored inside to avoid any malfunction during the summer season.
- Cover The Swimming Pool
Pool covers are essentially meant for two primary purposes from a seasonal point of view.
- In summer season pool covers stops evaporation and save essential chemicals from direct exposure.
- In winters it simply keeps dust snow and ice at bay from aggregation.
Every pool cover has a salient feature and better suited according to its application.
Before opting for a winter pool cover keep few things in mind.
- Buy a pool cover with size allowance for optimum covering of swimming pool.
- The pool cover should be free from any holes from where dirt or leaves can breach into pool.
- Always add a flotation device in the middle of pool before covering.
- Pool Cover should contour on periphery of pool and snug fit in an apposite manner. Your pool will be ready to battle harsh conditions of winter season.
With a few steps, you can ensure sanctity of pool is intact across winters. A basic maintenance schedule and closing pool property before the onset of winter season can save a lot of work and labor during summers. Aforementioned winterization techniques are meant to protect your equipment and avoid overhead expenses.
Coversinplay designs and manufactures fixed and Retractable Pool Covers that will meet the needs of your swimming pool.